Over the last week or so, we’ve had a mini heat wave over here. Everyone’s put on shorts, sandals and shades and they’re enjoying walking around practically half naked without worrying about whether it is going to rain . This is the summer we’ve been waiting for!!
Summer in England is usually a few weeks in July or August and sometimes in the Autumnal months. Because the sun isn’t a regular over here, we aren’t prepared for a mini heat wave of the sort. There is no air conditioning, the buses and trains are packed with people during rush hour who have been sweating all day. EWWWWW!!!!
I am LOVING the weather at the moment, especially because I have time to actually enjoy it. Luckily I don’t work in a hotel or in an establishment where the kitchen is downstairs/underground. I actually get to see and feel the sun rays for once. Yay Me!
Working in a pastry kitchen in this weather is absolute MURDER though! By time you bring pastry out of the fridge to roll it starts to melt and by time you’ve struggled with it, it’s turned into this yellow paste, which isn’t any use to anyone 😦
Luckily I don’t work in a hotel or in an establishment where the kitchen is downstairs/underground. I actually get to see and feel the sun rays for once. Yay Me!
Ice Pops + Cocktails + BBQ’s + Friends = PERFECT SUMMER HEATWAVE!!
Very simple math! Math like this is cool!
And of course since friends (R^3) are involved in the equation, mine decided to model these gorgeous pops for you.
(Makes 6 Juicy Pops)
For the cherry red part…
150g pitted cherries
1 kiwi peeled
200ml orange juice with bits
For the orange ginger part…
150ml orange juice with bits
1/2cm piece ginger, peeled
For the assembly…
1 X cherry smmothie
1 X orange ginger smoothie
- For the cherry part: Place all in the blender and blitz till smooth
- For the orange part: Place all in the blender and blitz till smooth
- For the assembly: Place some fruit at the bottom of the mould.
- Divide the cherry smoothie amongst the moulds and fill them half way.
- Top with the orange smoothies and finish with more fruit pieces. Add the sticks and set in a freezer.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours and enjoy in the summer sun with friends.
- If you can’t find fresh peaches or don’t have them on hand, use tinned peaches, they work just as well
- Using apricots or nectarines would work well as well
- Instead of pitting cherries use frozen ones instead
- For the orange juice I used Tropicana with Extra Juicy Bits
- To prevent spillage in transit to the freezer, fill and assemble the moulds near the freezer
Oh So Sweet Baker x